Yes, Nureva has determined that the Poly EagleEye Director II camera tracking device will work with the HDL200 system when configured as shown in this article.
To get started, first check that the HDL200 is up-to-date and set up correctly using the following steps.
On the HDL200
- Connect the provided USB cable to the USB-B port on the back of the HDL200 system
- Connect the USB cable to an available USB-A port on the in-room PC
- Plug in the 54 VDC power supply for the HDL200 system
On the Poly EagleEye
- Connect the HDMI line-in and line-out (video) and USB-B (camera) cables as needed, depending on the room configuration
- Connect the 3.5 mm line-in cable to the in-room PC line out (headphone jack)
- Connect to the network using the LAN port if remote Poly device management is required
- Plug in the power supply
On the PC
- Ensure the in-room PC is connected to the network
- Download and run Nureva Console client
- Register the HDL200 system following the on-screen instructions
- From the left-hand menu, select System Information
- If a firmware update is available, click on Update
Enabling the Poly camera
Poly's camera uses tracking filtering to identify and ignore far-end audio. To properly enable this setting, specific Windows audio settings are required on the in-room PC:
- Open Windows Sound dialogue window
- Go to the Playback tab
- Set the internal audio card (speakers/headphones) as both the "Default playback device and the "Default Communication device"
- Go to the Recording tab
- Right-click in the main window and make sure "Show Disabled Devices" is selected
- Right-click "Stereo Mix" and set to "Enable"
- Right-click "Stereo Mix" again and go to Properties
- Go to the Listen tab
- Enable "Listen to this Device"
- Set "Playback through this device" to "Echo Cancelling Speakerphone HDL200"
- Click OK
- Under the Recording tab, right-click on "Echo Cancelling Speakerphone HDL200"
- Set the HDL300 system as both the "Default Playback Device" and "Default Communication Device"
- Click OK
- Restart your PC
The Poly EagleEye Director II technology will now identify the audio-feed from the remote participants, which is playing back through the HDL200, and selectively avoid camera-tracking this source.
NOTE: All UC&C clients must have the HDL200 set as the Microphone input, the Audio output, and the Speaker Output set to the PC internal audio card (Speakers/headphones).
NOTE: The technical information provided in this article, including specifications and recommendations, is provided for customer convenience. The accuracy of this information is not guaranteed and is subject to change without notice. Please check the user manuals and related documentation from each product manufacturer to ensure that your setup meets the proper recommendations.