May 5, 2019 – software update
As of Sunday, May 5, 2019, Span Workspace was updated!
Keep in mind, while this update was deployed on Sunday morning, the new undo and redo feature will not go live until Monday morning MDT. This delay allows us to ensure a successful deployment before we light up new features.
The following feature was released in this update:
Undo and redo
- Users can undo and redo actions on their Span Workspace canvases using keyboard shortcuts:
Undo: Ctrl + Z (Cmd + Z on macOS® systems)
Redo: Ctrl + Y or Ctrl + Shift + Z (Cmd + Shift + Z on macOS systems)
Key items to note:
- Undo and redo are only available on the web client
- Undo and redo are limited to 100 actions within a single canvas session
- Users cannot undo or redo the actions of other users
- Users cannot undo their last action if another user has interacted with the object since that time
- Undo and redo only works during a single canvas session. If users leave a canvas and then return, they will not be able to undo actions from their previous sessions.
- PDFs – users can now use pinch motions on the wall client to enlarge or shrink PDFs. Additionally, PDFs will now be included in canvas exports. Lastly, PDFs of more than one page will be visually represented as a “stack” of pages.
- Screen share – users with the latest version of Chrome™ no longer have to download a Chrome extension to access screen share. Screen share is now fully integrated and no longer have a “preview” status.
- Users who join a canvas that has follow me running will not see or experience follow me until follow me is stopped and re-initiated
Work continues to resolve all known issues and minimize their impact on the use of Span Workspace. Further information and instructional documentation, including animated GIFs, are available on our customer support portal or through the Guide Me feature within Span Workspace. If you have questions regarding the update process or features in Span Workspace, please contact us at email@example.com.
What can we do to improve this article?