How do I update the control module?
Instructions for updating the firmware on the Nureva WM408i control module
The control module on the Nureva Wall WM408i must be updated manually. To update the control module, follow the steps below:
- Unzip the updater package, as directed by Nureva support. The package contains a firmware update .hex file and a Microchip™ PIC32UBL bootloader application.
- Remove the bottom front panels from the Nureva Wall touch panel from the left and right side of the control module
- Disconnect the 5VDC power connector (left side) and USB-B cable (right side) from the control module
- While holding the power button down, re-connect the USB-B port. This cable should be connected to the computer driving the Nureva Wall. When power button LED changes to a blinking blue, release the power button.
- Launch the PIC32UBL application
- Click the USB checkbox to "Enable"
- Click Connect. A message should appear saying the connection was successful.
- Click Load Hex File.
- Browse to and select the firmware .hex file that was unzipped in step 1
- Choose Erase-Program-Verify
- Click Run Application. A success message should appear.
- Click Disconnect
- Exit the PIC32UBL.exe application
- Disconnect the USB-B cable once more
- Re-connect all cables
- Restart the PC
If you're using a dual or triple Nureva Wall system, repeat the steps above for all touch panels.
Last updated: August 20, 2019
What can we do to improve this article?