Importing a PDF
Import a single or multi-paged PDF document into a canvas. Draw on, duplicate, resize or pin the PDF.
Add a PDF to your canvas to illustrate ideas, add context and capture information.
Add PDFs from:
- The Span web client using a certified mobile browser
- The Span web client using a certified computer browser
Importing a PDF
On the web
- Click Import from the toolbar
- Select the PDF you'd like to upload. The PDF will automatically be added to your tray. The items in your tray are visible only to you. You can also drag and drop the PDF from the folder directly onto the canvas.
- Drag and drop your PDF onto the canvas to make it visible to all of the canvas participants
Alternatively, access the dwell menu by right-clicking the canvas in the web client. This action will skip adding the sketch to your tray and instead place it directly on the canvas.
Inking on a PDF
- Start editing a PDF by using one of these three methods:
- Double-click on the PDF
- Click the edit icon from the quick tools menu
- Select Edit from the three-dot menu
You can also access the three-dot menu by right-clicking the image on the web, or pressing and holding in the wall software.
- Use the ink and eraser to add and edit drawings and notations
Change the color and the weight of your ink using the edit toolbar.
- Click the done checkmark when finished
Change the page of the imported PDF by clicking the navigation arrows at the bottom of the edit page.
You can also change the page of your PDF right on your canvas using the navigation icons at the bottom of the PDF.
Taking a screen capture
Add a screen capture of any page of the PDF to the canvas.
- Select the imported PDF
- Click the screen capture icon on the quick tools menu
Your screen capture will be added to the canvas.
Duplicate or delete a PDF
- Duplicate the PDF by either clicking the duplicate icon in the quick tools menu or selecting Duplicate from the three-dot menu
From your browser: If the PDF is in your tray, the duplicate icon will create a duplicate in your tray. If the PDF is on the canvas, it will create a duplicate directly on the canvas.
- Select Delete from the three-dot menu to remove the PDF from your tray or the canvas
Resize a PDF
PDFs can be resized on the wall by any of the following methods:
- Use the same gesture you would use to zoom in and out on a PDF using a touch screen (for the wall software)
- Click the increase or decrease icons to change the PDF's size
- Click the number between the increase and decrease icons and type in a scale for the PDF (minimum 100, maximum 400)
- Drag the resize handle to adjust the PDF's size
Pin the PDF to the canvas
- Click the pin icon from the quick tools menu, or select Pin from the three-dot menu to attach the PDF to the canvas background and prevent it from being moved
- To undo pinning, open the menu again and select Unpin ( from the quick tools menu)
Last updated: March 10, 2019
What can we do to improve this article?