Batch uploading user accounts
Add multiple users at a time by uploading a .csv or .txt file.
Administrators are responsible for allocating the licenses available within their software subscription.The administrator has the ability to remove users, edit accounts and reassign available accounts. All administrative tasks are completed on the web client using a certified browser on a computer.
Follow the steps below to upload multiple users at once from a .csv or .txt file.
Prepare the file
- Download the sample CSV file
- Delete the sample information in the first row
- Fill in the rows with the information below:
- Email – mandatory
- Firstname – optional, users can edit this information once they log into their account
- Lastname – Optional, users can edit this information once they log into their account
- Password – Optional, if you do not specify a password, the users will receive a welcome email which will allow them to set their own password. If you do specify a password, no welcome email will be generated and you will need to inform each user of their password. All passwords must be at least six characters long.
- Populate the spreadsheet with the necessary information. The maximum number of users allowed to be imported at one time is 1000 users.
- Save the spreadsheet as a .csv or .txt file. If the file is not saved in this format, you will not be able to upload it to the software.
Upload the file
- Go to span.nureva.com and log in to your account
- If you do not have a user account, logging in will bring you directly to your subscriptions. If you have a user account, click your name on the right corner and select Subscriptions from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Users
- Click +Import users at the top of the screen and select the .csv or .txt file you prepared in the previous step
The user information will appear on your screen
The status column indicates if there is an issue with any of the user information and the check box allows you to deselect any users you do not wish to include in your upload.
- If necessary, click Edit to change any of the user's information before adding them to the software.
- Once you have reviewed user information and are ready to add the users to the software, click Add Users. A dialog box will display the upload's progress. You can stop upload at any time by clicking the Stop button.
Users that were successfully added will now be listed under the Users Added table. Any users that did not upload successfully will remain listed under Not Added and will have the reason for the upload failure under the status column.
- Click Edit to correct the necessary information before attempting to add those users again.
Last updated: July 5, 2019