Copying and pasting onto the canvas
Copy and paste images and text into the web client.
Use copy and paste to easily add content to your canvas.
The copy and paste function does not work on mobile devices.
From one canvas to another
Copying content from one canvas to another is only possible using a compatible computer browser. The canvases must be in the same subscription and the same browser for the copy and paste function to work.
- Click on the content to be copied. The object can be a single object, or a group containing multiple objects.
- Open the three-dot menu and select Copy
Alternatively, use the keyboard Ctrl + C shortcut (Command + C for Mac® users).
- Open another Span canvas on a new tab in your browser.
- Right-click in the second canvas
- Select Paste or use the Ctrl + V shortcut (Command + V for Mac users)
The object will be pasted into the second canvas.
From other sources
Copy and paste items to your canvas from other sources, such as Microsoft® Word, Powerpoint or Excel, using
- The Span Workspace web client using a certified computer browser
- Span Workspace wall client
The content will be added to the canvas as either a text or image.
From your computer browser
- Copy the content you wish to add to your canvas
- Open your canvas and use your keyboard shortcut to paste (Ctrl + V on a computer and Command V + on a Mac).
On the wall
Copy the content you wish to add to your canvas
- Press and hold the canvas background to bring up the menu
- Select Paste.
Images larger than 1400 px wide may be cropped when pasted into the canvas.
Last updated: March 11, 2018