Adding Power Point slides to your canvas
You can easily add PowerPoint® slides to your canvas to display data, enhance your presentation or showcase relevant slide decks.
Add PowerPoint slides
- The Span web client using a certified computer browser
- Span Workspace wall client
Save the slides as a .png or .jpeg file from PowerPoint
- In PowerPoint, open the file that contains the slides you would like to add to your canvas
- If you would like to add a specific slide from the deck, select that slide. If you would like to add the entire slide deck, skip this step and go to step 3.
- Click File → Save As
- Select PDF, JPEG File or PNG from the Save as type drop-down menu
Keep in mind that PDFs can only be imported from the web client.
- Click Save
To save the entire deck of slides as a PNG or JPEG, click All Slides. To save the specific slide you selected in step 2, click Just This One.
Add the slides to your canvas
From your PC
- Select Import from the toolbar
- Select the PDF, PNG or JPEG file you saved in the previous steps. This will upload the PowerPoint slide to your tray. You can select multiple files by holding the Crtl key while you select the image files.
- Select the slide and drag it onto your canvas
If your PowerPoint has been added as a PDF, you'll be able to change pages using the navigation tools at the bottom.
On the wall
- Tap the applications icon on the canvas menu bar to access your files
- Select the PNG or JPEG files you saved in the previous steps. You can select multiple files by holding the Ctrl key.
- Drag and drop the selected files onto the canvas
Last Updated: March 14, 2019